Exam time can be really stressful and full of tension for the parents and for the students. While many students are trapped in between all the subjects, many parents fail to understand the mental condition of their children. Their main focus shifts to see the 90% on the report card of their children. At times, when their children need them emotionally, they mark their absence in that department which can later lead to unnecessary tensions, depression and sometimes suicide. It also varies from individual to individual because some kids cannot handle pressure at all which needs to be taken into consideration as well.
The Manthan School is one of the best primary schools in Noida Extension which helps the students to focus on the fun activities equally. The school also realizes that every child is talented in their own way and try their best to make their parents understand the same. The way they treat their children, especially during exams is something all the parents must learn. In this article, we will discuss about the tips that every parent should keep in mind for the betterment of their children and family.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff – Your kids are already too stressed for the exams. Nagging because of small issues will only create more tension for them in this time which is not very good.
- Talk about exam nerves and realistic expectations – Every parent wants the best for their children but in this ‘want’, they often forget the capability of their children. Not every kid can play basketball equally good and same is the case with academics. It’s better to have realistic expectations from the kids so that they don’t feel burdened under the tension created at home.
- Help make time for exercise during exam preparation – All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy and Jinni a dull girl. Who would want that? Apart from the regular studies, every kids must be physically involved in some or the other activity. It can be sports, exercise or any other physical workout which makes them feel fresh and fit.
- Don’t compare your children with others – As said earlier, every child has a different set of capabilities. Comparing every child with yours will not bring any good results, infact it will just bring their moral down which will cause personality development problems.
- Group study makes learning fun – Not allowing your kids to meet their friends will be so unfair for them. A study shows that friends who study together are able to grasp things pretty easily which also turns out to be less stressful.
- Don’t discuss a bad paper – Let bygones be bygones. If you child has not been able to attempt the exam well, let it be. We anyway cannot go back in time and change things. Make your present healthy to have a happy future rather than cribbing the past which cannot be changed.
- Eat together – A family that eats together, stays together. While eating together, it is important to not discuss about studies. Talk about family, laugh, share things and make the most out of that meal time.
- Do not disconnect internet service during exams – You can advice your kids to use the internet less but just cutting down the connection will just make them want to use it more. It’s better to reduce their internet time rather than just keeping them totally away from it.
All the points mentioned above are not necessarily to be followed during the exam time. If you can follow each and every point mentioned above on regular basis, then this will just make things better. All of the things mentioned above are considered every day in The Manthan School which makes it best play school in Noida Extension.